Tuesday 20 May 2008

Intelligence

It's a bit of a weird title I know. But it MIGHT make sense later.


As I said. I don't care if nobody reads this, I just like writing down the things that happen to me, and writing down my thoughts and feelings and stuff.



So today, was my last English Literature exam. English Literature is over. OR it would be if I hadn't chosen to do it in 6th form! ha


The exam was alright I guess. I'll be honest, i'd never been so nervous about an exam in my life! Ok so maybe my guitar exam was scarier, but that was because I don't like one to one things, and I didn't know the examiner dude.


But yeh, so I was pretty worried. I got in there and I guess it went ok. I finished it with about 20 minutes to spare, so I thought about stuff.


I really like poetry you know. Well, good poetry. Poetry that isn't satirical or just plain stupid. I had to do my exam on these two very odd Satirical poems. Well, one is satirical, i'm not sure about the other, it is 'funny' though. By that I mean its supposed to be funny but its just not.
It's called Rat O Rat. It's a bunch of monkeys bollocks. The other was Mort Aux Chats. Which is actually pretty good. It's very Satirical though, so I am kind of contradicting myself there.

So why was this poem good? It makes some bloody good points thats what. Yeah its a funny poem, but you have to read into it. It's got a good message. Even if the poet decided to say this through a dogs eyes, about how much he hates cats...

I love cats! I have 5. =]

Just thought i'd point that one out like!

Well here's the poem anyway. If you want to read it.

http://blogger.xs4all.nl/wdegroot/archive/2005/02/23/28443.aspx

It was written in 1929. It's STILL the same these days. Life in general. Hating and Discrimination. Yadayada.

If you don't understand the poem, i'll tell you about it. Just ask me in a comment or message my myspace or email address whatever.

I'm going to see the blackout! tomorrow.

So I won't post tomorrow.

I might post again later tonight. To make up for it. Not that anyone reads this...

No comments: